2022 MSHS Schedule & Rule Changes
2022 Modern Street HEMI Shootout Schedule
- Mar 25-27 (Tentative – MSHS Sun)
- April 15-16
- Virginia Motorsports Park
- May 13-15
- June 10-11
- Heartland Motorsports Park
- Aug 20-21
- Detroit HEMI’nsanity/Dream Cruise
- Oct 20-22
- Maryland International Raceway
♦First date of all events is a pre-event track rental except HEMI’nsanity, which is Dream Cruise.
➡️ FINAL STAND – Battle of the Brands (Non points event) ⬅️
- Nov 11-12
- Cecil County Dragway
2022 Modern Street HEMI Shootout Rule Changes (updated as they are made) 11/14/21
- Incentive BONUS points for non-MSHS events are no longer in place
- Championship points are only earned at MSHS events
- Best 60 foot award will be split into two awards – best IRS and best NON-IRS.
- Best 1/4 mile ET will include Heavyweight passes during elims if racer provides their slip for proof of ET (time stamp must be provided).
- Outlaw cars attempting 1/4 mile records will be allowed time permitting
- Grudge races must pay MSHS $100 lock in money regardless of whether the race happens. NO MORE BS MATCHUPS.
- Cars must be capable of 5.40 or better to compete in the class. If the car does not achieve that ET during quals, proof via previous class performance, time slip or video is acceptable. Slower than 5.40 cars fit in the 8.50 class perfectly
- IRS equipped cars receive a 100 lbs weight reduction
- Cars must have an oil retention device
- Cars must meet NHRA/IHRA safety requirements for ET
- Increase to class entry fee planned with the additional monies added to expected class purse
- Class winner is no longer eligible for KOTH.
** Reminder: If a competitor is attending an event to earn class points with an alternate vehicle, they can run in a secondary class. At the end of the season the appearance points transfer to their primary championship class. This is to keep cars running in the appropriate class and still allow racers to earn appearance points as designed.
- cage and oil retention device required
- 2nd class will be bracket
- oil retention device required
- 2nd class will be bracket
- Removed 2nd chance runoff
- ⬇️⬇️ Weight changes
🔸️4200 lbs – OEM supercharger
🔸️4200 lbs – Nitrous only
🔸️4300 lbs – Aftermarket supercharger/single turbo
🔸️4500 lbs – Dual type regardless of config (boost plus nitrous)
🔸️4500 lbs – twin turbo or compound boost
🔸️3000 lbs – N/A
**All weights are with driver.
- cage required
- full points and full season class sponsored by Holmberg Motorsports
10.00 – no change
10.50 – no change
11.50 – no change
12.50 – no change
Bracket – no change
Rookie – no change (non-points class, not eligible for KOTH)
2021 Drag Pak Shootout (details TBD, non-points class, not eligible for KOTH)
Boost n Juice (details TBD, non-points class, not eligible for KOTH)