Heavyweight Class | Rules
1/4 mile Heads-Up Racing No Time
- Any 2003 and up LX/LC/LD Charger, Magnum, 300, Challenger, Jeep, Dodge/Ram Truck/Durango
- All Drag Pak/Clone vehicles 2008 and up
- Any year Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Jeep, AMC powered by a GEN III Hemi Engine
- Any Other NON-Chrysler manufactured DOOR EQUIPPED* vehicle powered with a GEN III Hemi Engine (change effective 5/1/21)*
- 2003+ GEN III HEMI
- Modern V-10 Chrysler Engine in drag pak only
Min Weight limits
- 4300 lbs – OEM supercharger (1/20/21 change)
- 4300 lbs – nitrous only
- 4400 lbs – aftermarket supercharger/turbo/compound boost (1/20/21 change)
- 4600 lbs – dual type regardless of config (twin turbo is a single type power adder)
- 3000 lbs – N/A
**All weights are with driver.
NOT Allowed Equipment
- Drivers will cross over the scales after each pass during elims to ensure weight is verified by their competitor AND MSHS STAFF. **Cars cannot go to the pits after a pass prior to weight verification. Passing the scales after a pass during elims results in DISQUALIFICATION FROM THAT CLASS**
- .400 Pro Tree
- Random pairing with poker chip draw
- **Forced Induction cars with Nitrous Systems installed will be treated as dual type power adder unless the bottle is removed and nitrous line is disconnected from Nitrous Solenoid. NO EXCEPTIONS.** This will be annotated on initial weigh in and enforced each round.
- **Cars that do not make weight for their configuration during elims are DISQUALIFIED FROM THAT CLASS**
Introducing 2nd chance racing in Heavyweight. There will be a losers bracket in Heavyweight named HW 2nd Chance. Losers of 1st round only will face off in a 2nd chance run off winner take all format. Same rules, just giving the slower cars in that field an opportunity to take home a win and some cash! 2nd chance cars will be called up with Heavyweight to be paired up separately.
2nd chance purse TBD
2nd chance passes do not earn points and winner is not eligible for the King of the Hill.